Orange Mountains District | home
The District Chair | Activities and Service Committee | Advancement and Recognition Committee | Camp Promotion and Outdoors Committee | The Finance Committee | Membership Committee | The Training Committee | What is a District? | What is Advancement? | What is a Unit Commissioner | What is Venturing?
Camp Promotion and Outdoors Committee
A district camp promotion and outdoor committee does the following:
1. Promotes unit participation in council camping opportunities (Boy Scout resident camp, Cub Scout day camp, Cub Scout resident camp, etc.). In cooperation with unit commissioners, visit unit parents' meetings to tell the summer camp story and help unit leaders plan for camps.
2. Help select leaders and develop programs for district Cub Scout day camp, resident camp, and family camps.
3. Work with commissioners to help Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout Troops, Varsity Scout teams, and Venturing crews plan and carry out a year-round schedule of camping and outdoor program events.
4. Give special guidance on the health and safety concerns of outdoor program activities.
5. Promote the use of camperships for members with financial need.
6. Working closely with its officers, guides the Order of the Arrow to help promote camping in the district.