|ORANGE MOUNTAINS DISTRICT
The Cub Scout Gold Rush will be held on April 12, 2003, from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm, at Shady Nook in the South Mountain Reservation!
|The Gold Rush is a Cub Scout adventure based on the various ranks in Cub Scouting. Cub Scouts travel trails to "Western towns" where they are greeted by a "Mayor" and presented with a series of skills based on the requirements in the Tiger, Wolf, Bear and Webelos handbooks. The Mayor awards the Scouts a number of gold nuggets, according to how well the team did on the various skills presented to them.
1. Teams should be made up of 5-9 Cubs.
2. Teams may be made up of one rank or of mixed groups.
3. Packs may enter as many teams as they wish.
4. One or more den leaders must accompany each team to maintain good discipline and fair play.
5. Each team should select one Scout to serve as "wagon boss." The wagon boss will be responsible for the team on the trail. At each town, he will pick the Scouts to do the tasks given by the Mayor.
6. Den Leaders should see that the Scouts rotate as they travel from town to town.
7. Cub Scouts and Den Leaders should be in uniform.
8. While families are encouraged to come along and watch the Scouts in action, only Scouts and Den Leaders will be allowed in towns. Parents are asked to remain outside of towns to allow the Mayor and Scouts adequate room to perform their skills.