||ORANGE MOUNTAINS DISTRICT
|District Finance is largely
participation in council fundraising campaigns. Successful council
financing is the result of successful fundraising programs within each district.
Each district has finance goals based on a fair-share formula and
taking into consideration the potential of a district and the needs of the
council. The district finance chairman assists in determining goals
and accepting the district goal.
A district finance committee's purpose is to:
1. Obtain the district's share of funds for the council budget.
2. Carry out a successful sustaining membership enrollment in the district.
Meet goals by their target dates.
3. Raise funds as part of the council's "project selling" program.
4. Promote the council plan for endowment development.
5. Implement council finance policies within the district.
6. Inform units of unit finance policies.
7. Support district activities that involve income and expense by assuring proper money management.
8. Provide recognition to donors.
Including information on how their donations helped serve youth in Scouting.